Sep.22 (GMM) Singapore has inked a new contract to remain on the formula one calendar. There had been some doubt the race organisers would agree Bernie Ecclestone's sanctioning fee demands for a new deal beyond this weekend's highly popular night race. But the F1 chief executive said at the official announcement on Saturday: "We are here for another five years". Ecclestone admitted the negotiations had been "difficult", because everyone in the entire sport "without exception likes being here". Tourism minister S Iswaran said Singapore has indeed managed to reduce the financial impact of the event by agreeing a "revised" fee. "We eventually got there," agreed Ecclestone.
F1 News
F1
Schedule F1 Line-up
Constructors' Championship
Drivers' Championship
F1 Tickets Live F1 Coverage
Full Version: Formula 1 News
Formula 1
Schedule Formula 1 Line-up Constructors' Championship Drivers' Championship Live F1 Coverage
10 'n' Pole F1 Regulations The Forums Motorsport Shop
F1 Merchandise F1 Tickets F1 Diecast
F1 Videos
F1 Games
Back To Top |