May 26 (GMM) Rubens Barrichello believes F1 should consider reviving the one-lap qualifying system for 2012. The veteran Brazilian says the popular 'knockout' sessions are no longer as interesting this year because drivers are conserving the Pirelli tyres for the race. "The tyres are so different to last year so it's worth having a look (at a format change), although I think qualifying is very good," he said in Monaco. Barrichello argues that F1 might as well revert to one-at-a-time qualifying, a format used in 2003 and 2004, because most drivers are already doing only one run in each of the knockout segments. "I think qualifying has been quite good for the past years but we only have one run right now so it's worth having a look to see if there's anything different for next year," he said.
F1 News
F1
Schedule F1 Line-up
Constructors' Championship
Drivers' Championship
F1 Tickets Live F1 Coverage
Full Version: Formula 1 News
Formula 1
Schedule Formula 1 Line-up Constructors' Championship Drivers' Championship Live F1 Coverage
10 'n' Pole F1 Regulations The Forums Motorsport Shop
F1 Merchandise F1 Tickets F1 Diecast
F1 Videos
F1 Games
Back To Top |